To report any illegal spills or anything related to storm water please contact Robert Kalinoski, Street Commissioner by email email@example.com, by phone 570-489-2937 or you can call the Borough Building at 570-489-8311. After business hours and on weekends please call Communication Center Non Emergency at 570-342-9111.
PaDEP MS4 AND RELATED STORMWATER WEBSITES
Throop Borough Watershed: Lackawanna River
Pa Department of Environmental Protection
- Go to the home page which can be found at: www.dep.state.pa.us
- From the menu on the left side of the home page select “water”
- From the drop down list under water select “watershed management”
- On the right side of the page select “stormwater management” from the list
- Information can be found for MS4 (municipal separate storm sewer) resources and protocol, NPDES permit information, Pennsylvania Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMP) Manual, Lackawanna River Stormwater Management Ordinance, PaDEP’s model stormwater ordinance, information for watersheds and urbanized areas within the commonwealth as well as other various and useful stormwater related information.
US Environmental Protection Agency
- Go to the EPA home page which can be found at: www.epa.gov
- From the drop down menu under the tab “learn the issues” select “water”
- Under the heading “our waters” select “stormwater”
- Basic stormwater information can be found as well as information relevant to municipal, construction and industrial stormwater applications. Sources for publications, regulations, training, contacts and other useful links are provided.